Southland is the southern most region of New Zealand and is home to the rugged and spectacular Fiordland national park which is also where you will find the beautiful Milford Sounds.The Catlins , on the Eastern side presents untouched nature that is hard to find anywhere else. Rugged coastline and dense forest and you can view a 180 million year old fossilized forest.A lot of visitor’s to this area come to walk the Milford track, a 3 day tramp of medium difficulty.
- Waikawa Forest – Waipohatu Road, Haldane, Forest, waterfalls and plenty of history. A good place to picnic.
- Burt Munro Motorbike Display – Head to E hayes and sons hardware store on Dee Street, Invercargill to see a couple of the bikes that helped shape New Zealand motorsport history.
- Queens park – An 80 hectare park in Invercargill, with gardens, golf course, playground, museum, art gallery and so much more.
- Slope Point – The South Islands southern-most point, is located on Slope Point Road, Catlins, followed by a twenty minute walk with spectacular views of Stewart Island and Bluff.
- Gemstone Beach – on SH 99 , Orepuki. Beautiful stones in the stream and hidden on the beach so keep your eyes open for Sapphire and Garnet and other Gems.
- Emergency : Phone 111
- Invercargill Police: Phone (03) 215 0300
- Southland Hospital: Phone 03-218 1949
- TravellingNZ : firstname.lastname@example.org