The Bay Of Plenty is situated on the East coast of the north island along the Pacific Coast Highway. It is the sunniest region in the North Island so is an ideal all year round destination. Whether you are looking to catch a few waves, or jump from a plane,or maybe just want to enjoy a book and soak up the sun , you can do it all in the Bay Of Plenty.
- Mt. Maunganui Summit Track
- Kaiate Falls. – 5 Kilometres South East of Tauranga is a cool one hour walk taking in awesome waterfalls and good swimming holes
- Tauranga Art Gallery – On the corner of Wharf and Willow Streets in the CBD, the gallery is open from 10 am to 4.30pm daily.[/dt_sc_one_half]
- Ohope Beach – Great place to cool off in the summer with life guards on duty. Good walking and sight-seeing all year round.
- Opotiki Mural Project – Take a good walk around Opotiki and check out the murals that are painted throughout the town by local youth
- Whakatane Heritage Trail – Grab a map from the Whakatane visitors centre and spend the day viewing the natural beauty and historical places this town has to offer
- Emergency: Phone 111
- Tauranga Police: Phone(07) 577 4300
- Tauranga Hospital: Phone (07) 579 8000
- TravellingNZ: Email email@example.com
[/dt_sc_one_half]Bay Of Plenty